Wednesday, October 05, 2005

20 to 39


So, while creating a title for this installment, I ask Kevin, "I'll be 39. right?" He says, "Yes, you will... oh, [not such a nice word]!" Whereupon, I replied, "I sure hope that wasn't an editorial on my age, but that it's October." Kev: "oh, no, no... it's less than three weeks away." Not such a good save, but true... and sweet.

I have thought for some time now - particularly since he's returned from Iraq - I'm too young to have a 40 year-old boyfriend (in December). I'm also too young to have been married 20+ years. I cannot believe for 7400 days minus about 900 from Korea, Iraq, various Army schools and a couple of recalcitrant months here and there = 6500 (give or take a few) days with this man... I'll take 6500 more. Please and THANK YOU!!!

If you haven't caught it, my 40-Eve is at the end of this month. I could care less how old I am ... come to think about it I never remember ... that's Kev's job! Bloom where you're planted and all that! I believe there is a temporal version of that... Bloom where and when you are planted.

So, in all these perambulations of the mind, I am successfully NOT thinking about school, papers, midterms, finals, and homework! The kitchen is clean, the laundry is clean (although NOT put away - a fair formidible mound of cloth!)

On Friday we go investigate a possible addition to the furkids. We'll see... really want to take home a 'real German dachshund' but don't want to make that the only choice just because we can. We are looking at a standard wirehair dachshund... there should be a picture if I loaded it correctly. Our guys are technically miniatures (a little bigger at 13 pounds). Standards grow to 25-30 pounds - so twice the size.

My schooling - okay, I'll think about it for a bit- I am VERY much enjoying sociolinguistics and grammatical rhetoric. GEEK that I am... loving it! The why's wherefore's and growth of language and linguistics ... IT'S SO COOL! (not that the preceding phrase was of ANY worth much at all!)

Dogs: for the most part, the Doggus Rottonus are great. The most exciting them for them (not including IF we bring home a pup this weekend) is that a hedgehog has been regularly visiting our backyard. Radar is SUCH a good boy... he finds HH... "woof" and at my/kev command leaves him alone. TAS on the other hand... BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK. Which translates as, "HEY HEY HEY HEY didyasee didyasee therewasathing HEY HEY HEY". Found this site with a picture of our nightly visitor. He's about the size of a softball. Kevin saw him bookin' it along the sidewalk on the other side of the building to what we think is his home.

Well, I've been meandering this as we watch RAYwith Jamie Foxx and I'm about out of ideas.

End of story: doin' good; innundated with school - not in a bad way at all; Kev & I are ... well, he's giving me my space for school and I think feeling neglected. I certainly don't remember me being as patient and wonderful as he is being when HE was going through school in the 80s... Kev & I are good... we will have another 7400+++ days together.

Thanks for listening!

A

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey pal
sorry couldn't get to you today. busy and during work hours but i don't think boss woul d mind too much. \h e wants me to always be available, phone, cussers, etc and i make coffee too! AHHHH that degree paid off! I made impanadas last night - basically a fired pie but baked. (mex thing.)Trying to enhance my income. Went horseback riding Sunday. 1st time in 9 years. had a nice time @ a friends. Took Renee.Friends have 300+ acres. Not much for Texas. Time to close down the shop[. love Sam

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally got back on the blog--you guys are getting old!! Pup is darling and thrilled all is well in Germany, soon to be the US again. Will write more on an e-mail.
Love ya, Nancy

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home